Fashion Weeks are gone for this season. It is now time to pay tribute to the designers who love buttons! Haute couture button trends to catch up with are just beginning and fashion designers are becoming more and more keen to play around the smallest yet the most ‘stratéchic’ fashion accessory.
During the fall 2015-2016 fashion shows, JW Anderson, the young Irish designer, gifted darling of England’s Haute Couture, highlights giant buttons at the heart of his creations:
– A long tunic plays around giant horn buttons, each of them in a different size; a stylish and fancy feast that makes all the difference!
– A beautiful leather skirt adorns a huge fake vintage-loop style button, pizzazz!
– Glamorous metal and shiny buttons on a man’s coat; again, a true boldness and creativity that depict the button like no one.
Then comes Marc Jacobs who mixes styles by combining chic and luxurious big buttons on a safari jacket made of superb pure black woolen fabric. Marc Jacobs magnificently overacts to impress us and delight us. Bravo!
Finally, haute couture button trends from highly esteemed fashion designers, Victoria Beckham and Derek Lam that give us a top show:
– Two large horn buttons accessorize a stylish winter culotte-skirt
– Long and lean funnel-neck dress with two big silver-grey buttons, like two pretty brooches!
Again, the surprise is absolute and gives haute couture buttons a central role!
In short, you have understood that this winter is all about buttons and this is welcome news indeed!